On these cold days I sometimes just have random thoughts - yeah I'm sure that if they had a diagnosis when I was growing up I would have been "ADH....oooooo shiny!".... but they didn't so I don't have a label.... Joe just sits and shakes his head at me 1/2 the time.

So - I was supposed to be on vacation down in St Thomas this past week..... by myself...... on a beach...... in the sun..... and 70+ degree weather.... that didn't happen as life changes and things happen.  Instead I spent the last week watching baby goats be born, then die and then more born and survive.  If I hadn't been here - the loss rate might have been higher or it might have been lower - who knows what will happen when the temps are in the single digits!  So I was meant to be home and that I can deal with (but I still wish it was warmer).

Another thought was that a person can only do so much.  Though it seems to a lot of people that I do everything... I know what my limits are and I know when to quit (at least some of the time)....but then at the same time I am always up for a new challenge - which seems to always come (remember the oooooo shiny aspect of my character).  I drop one thing and move right into something else.... something new.... something.... well - SHINY ;)

Patience.  Yes, I seem to have a lot more lately.... strange how it's just come over me the last year.  This doesn't mean I don't yell.... but I believe it takes longer for me to get there.

Food.  This one was an eye-opener for me.  It started with a book report on "The Whole Soy Story" (which I did finish but I haven't written my report yet).... though the book didn't say that soy itself was the evil but the processing - it made me look at what I bring into my house a little closer.  I'm not perfect about food - but I'm getting better I believe every day.  I can slowly introduce stuff to my family - to the groans and whining from Joe that comes along with it ;)  But, as what happened with our eggs, it took Joe over a year to actually admit that our eggs tasted better than anything he had tried before - so maybe it will be that way with food.  Same with the kids and food - they have been fed a pretty Standard American Diet for years...it takes adjustments and it take them learning about real food and how to decide what they want.

So as you see - I am a great random thinker :)  All that took place in a couple of minutes when I finally got a shower so I no longer smelled like our goats....

date Monday, January 24, 2011

0 comments to “Random things I think about...”