Well, we might get a cow or 2!  I am seriously excited about this.  I always get excited when we get a new animal and start a new adventure - but I am really dreaming of this one.

Why?

MILK - ok 5 kids drink a lot of milk.  I refuse to buy the cheap brands and $6/gallon can really cut into my budget if they decide to drink a lot.  Raw is definitely better from cows I know and handle on a daily basis.  We love our goat milk - but we always seem to need more and always run out.

CREAM - I think that one speaks for itself.  Unlike goat milk (which is super rich and yummy) cow's milk is not naturally homogenized so it separates.  That means I can just skim the cream right off the top.  What can become of this fat yumminess? BUTTER!!!  Yep - I love fresh butter.

Oh - the honey?  Well that won't happen right now.  I am personally allergic to honey bee stings and don't risk want to risk it.  I find it annoying because I like honey :)  However we have a nice friend who keeps giving us some and we may talk them into putting and managing a hive or 2 on the property.

Back to the cows - I think everyone needs to see a cow close up, especially "city kids and adults".  They are actually really cute!

Off to dream of the cows again.....

date Saturday, January 8, 2011

0 comments to “Dreaming of Milk and Cream (and honey!)”