So my new juicer came in yesterday.  Being new to juicing - honestly it scares me.  Questions pop into my head... "Will I like the taste of the juice?", "Do I have time?", "Too messy?"


Things like that which I am sure that everyone else goes through as well.

So I had an older Juiceman Jr and tried it.  Ok - I was a whimp - I did only apple juice and well I don't think you can go wrong with just apple juice.  However, it didn't have a big enough opening so I was cutting the apple into little pieces.... talk about a pain!  Now I needed something within the budget of the gift cards I was given on Christmas.  Thank goodness for Amazon!

I got this one:

Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor

Now - make sure you look at the Amazon price which is $59 vs the $94! Plus I paid $49 from Amazon (so watch for specials!)

Ok - the above picture is it out of the box (took 3 minutes) with an apple on top.  I did have to cut this apple (hey they are local apples and BIG!)... but I can see that it would fit a standard smaller apple. I didn't have to take the seeds out though - major plus for me! (yes I am lazy)

This is after - it juiced the apple, and 2 carrots (I wanted to try the carrots because the orange stains - at least it seemed to).

5 minutes so far from taking out of the box, setting up and juicing the 2 carrots and 1 apple (which in itself took all of 30 seconds)

Now - clean up.  Notice the bag in the pulp container - made that side of clean up a breeze.  Everything got taken apart and washed out - 2 more minutes! I was surprised that didn't take long - but it was perfect and easy to do.

Oh and the juice?  Actually pretty tasty!  I will keep this recipe for a quick pick me up type drink.  

The instruction book came with some recipes I will need to try out.  I am proud to say that this juicer will now have a place in my kitchen on my counter permanently.  It was super easy - and I can definitely see me using it and experimenting with it.



date Tuesday, January 4, 2011

0 comments to “Hamilton Beach Juicer Review”