Back to planning meals and I'll share whats going on this week!

Dinners for the week are:
Sunday - Lasagna & Salad
Monday - Stuffed Chicken
Tuesday - Tailgate Wraps (Spicy Chicken wraps) - we have a football game to attend
Wednesday - Vegetable Casserole
Thursday - Turkey Burgers
Friday - Chicken Salad Pitas
Saturday - Joe's Choice

Every night would have a side salad and/or fruit :)

The new thing I just finished is planning my bento box lunches for the kids for the week. Since Monday is a holiday, I'm not planning anything for then - plus I expect we will have some of the lasagna leftover so they can eat that.  If they were going to school, I would have included the lasagna in their boxes!

Tuesday - Meatballs, rice w/season-salt, zucchini fritters (Joe's request for me to try to make), grapes, & a dessert jelly (like jello - but really small package)

Wednesday - Cold Soba noodles (these are japanese buckwheat noodles) w/dipping sauce, crab meat & cabbage salad, cherry tomatoes, kiwi, hard boiled egg

Thursday - Chicken Wrap, apple wedges (I might get creative and try to make apple "bunnies"), broccoli & salad -- on this one, I might add the salad to the wrap and instead add carrots on the side

Friday - Chicken Kijiyaki (from the Just Bento book), Rice, pickled cucumbers & cabbage (this is just shredded cabbage and sliced cucumbers massaged with salt the DAY OF the lunch!), sliced peaches

Everyone is getting each of these lunches this week. To save on time, Monday I am cooking some of the chicken thighs I have (Thursday lunch & Friday dinner), cooking the soba noodles, and baking meatballs.  Monday night I will also put a pot of rice on to be ready in the morning - I'll make extra to freeze or even make some fun shapes with the rice!  I also make vegetable sushi rolls for myself, nothing fancy - usually just some sliced vegetables in the rice.

I can't wait for some of my "fun stuff" to show up from http://www.allthingsforsale.com!  I have cute food picks coming in, some bite size rice molds, and things to make lunch more interesting.

My daughter told me today that her friends are now always checking to see what she has for lunch every day - they all wish that their parents took the time to make them lunch.  These are teenagers WANTING their parents ;)

Anyone have any other lunch ideas to share?


date Sunday, September 4, 2011

0 comments to “Sunday Meal Planning”