It's funny how life works all the time.  I always just shake my head.

This weeks multiple head-shaking events:

#1 A goat who didn't even LOOK pregnant gave birth to 3 babies (all are healthy) - she was skinny as a rail to the point I just looked at her and didn't think she was going to give birth this year at all!

# 2 Of course as we get ready for the Loudoun Spring Farm Tour this weekend, we have a lot to get done and as I need to run out of the house, another goat is giving birth making me 30 minutes late...

Sunday, I got the privilege of learning how to castrate a pig!  Again, you never know what to expect around here..... the way it happened.... a new customer came up who was a long time older farmer.  Apparently, Joe talked to him and found out he used to have a large hog farm and had to castrate pigs all the time and would be thrilled to show me how!  I know, it doesn't take much to thrill me - but I loved learning how easy this is to do since I will have to do it more often as we have more pigs.

Off to continue getting ready for the farm tour this weekend!

date Tuesday, May 17, 2011

0 comments to “The Way it Works”