Ok - for our anniversary I bought Joe an electric smoker. Yeah I know - but you try to do all the chores we do and keep a smoker running at the correct temp!

So today, being the good wife I can sometimes be, I am cleaning out the freezer by smoking 3 (yes 3) pork shoulder roasts - YUMMY!!! PULLED PORK FOR DINNER!!!

The recipe I used as a rub:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon cayanne pepper
2 teaspoons ground mustard

I'll let you all know how this turns out!!

UPDATE: The kids LOVED it (a huge decider for me) - each had 2 sandwiches and no complaining!! We ended up going through 1 4 lbs shoulder roast with nothing left over. I was too tired last night so I put the other 2 in the fridge to cool down and I'll try and get them shredded and frozen today. If not - HEY LUNCH!!!

date Monday, October 5, 2009

0 comments to “Smokin'!”