Some people MIGHT say I horde animals..... this isn't true.... but I definitely COULD be one of those people! I love animals. They calm me down, listen to me, and quite a few of them taste REALLY good!

Here's the thing, Joe has "banned" me from the animal shelter because I am GOING to come home with something and a lot of the time it's the smallest and weakest animal in the bunch. Not the one who is jumping up and down saying "PICK ME PICK ME" (you all read that in a high pitch voice didn't you?) but the one sitting in the back of the kennel waiting to see what happens. I'm a softy - what can I say.

So, I also haven't gotten ANY new animals for the farm in a few years. No new trial things, nothing new.

Well, that has changed!!! That's right - I get new animals!! I have gotten rabbits. Not cute cuddly pet rabbits - but MEAT rabbits!

Nope, I have never TRIED rabbit.... Nope I have never butchered a rabbit.....see how this becomes an adventure?

Remember though, 10 years ago we walked onto this property without ANY knowledge of how to farm at all. I had no idea how to do any of these things. I could mow the lawn! I could muck a stall (notice I still don't have any horses)! But dreams were hatched - literally - from 25 baby chicks and 4 llamas.

What do I do now? I learn. I research. I figure it out. If I can't do it, I find someone to teach me. The world is so open though today and ripe for learning. It's such an amazing age where if you don't know how to do something you can go online and watch a video of someone doing it and you are good to go! 10 years ago, youtube was SO slow out here - ok it still is, but we ARE getting better..... and figuring out how to butcher chickens and turkeys was NOT easy. Now, I have an animal with a problem, I'm out in the middle of the field with my iPhone and I'm "googling" how to do something! Amazing right?

My new adventure begins and since I don't ever seem to do anything half way - expect to see rabbit in our store really soon!!

date Sunday, June 21, 2015

0 comments to “Fun Adventures Coming!”