Something I always find as funny is what people think about what we eat. Seriously - we honestly feel like everyone at the grocery store is watching us and what's in our basket and if they are a customer of ours, I think they fear we are going to judge what's in theirs!

First and foremost - we are NOT the food police!!

Second and I think more important.... we aren't perfect. Heck you should see the bachelor meals Joe has while I'm off camping!! Ok, you should also see some of the meals I decide to eat when I'm camping because cooking is just too difficult! Ice cream is a food group right? Yes, I drive through McDonald's sometimes.

Keyword - SOMETIMES!! This is where you are on the hook! That's right... I'm not worried about IF you go to fast food.... IF you eat ice cream and cookies.... it has to do with HOW often do you do this?

We all have budgets. Even I am supposed to have one. So we do what's best for our families. I eat grass fed beef, pasture pork, and of course free range eggs. This is what I have all year round because of our farm. You don't see chicken on that list do you? This doesn't mean that we don't EAT chicken - we eat a lot of chicken. Unfortunately on this one thing we compromise sometimes. Chicken is a seasonal item and even when it's IN SEASON we don't always get it as our customers come first for these - which is ok with us - when we DO get a chicken we enjoy it a lot!

My point of this post is that if you are doing your best for your family and for you - then that's all that matters! If your sanity requires you to order pizza - ORDER THE PIZZA!!!! If some place we liked delivered, believe me there are plenty of nights I'd be eating pizza!!

We will never judge you if we run into you at the grocery store - you might notice chips and sodas in our basket - so don't judge us either!!

date Tuesday, June 9, 2015

0 comments to “Food Police”