I know - it was 90 degrees two days ago and now we start planning for the winter! Stuff needs to get butchered - but we can't run as many animals during the middle of the winter - and honestly I think both Joe and myself want to slow down this year a little more than we tried to this year.

Slowing down is the hardest part. During the mad-dash of the fall we need to get all the butchering dates in - maybe try out a new butcher? (I'm checking that tomorrow).....finalize trucking the animals, picking up.... and then well we have to continue and plan school. And gosh darn it - it's the year I decided the kids need to start doing some other stuff - so my weeks are BOOKED!!!

I can truly say there is never a dull moment during this time of year. It's a rush that will leave us exhausted at the end - but hopefully a bill or 2 will be paid off!

date Tuesday, September 16, 2008

0 comments to “Planning for the Winter”