I love books.... Amazon.com is my addiction and the UPS guy knows it! So I ordered the books I needed/wanted for the kids and their Ambleside Online year which we will hopefully be starting soon as I need to get everything in order (which requires the books which will be here Monday)

Now of course - a lot of the books are available online for free thanks to them being out of copyright.... but I NEED to hold a book in my hand. I would love to have a way for the kids to take their books with them like on a PDA or a laptop (we'll get there - they both are saving up for one) but for now I want the shiny books.

I can't wait to read some of these books - they look so cool!!! But we'll be taking it slow (which is why I need the books) and I think I'm going to have the kids do more reading aloud to me - maybe even have Jacob read to Alexis and Alexis read to Jacob (but we'll see how they do).

The first book I want to start is "Grammarland" which is available free online in a PDF format - and I even have that on my computer - but with the pictures it has in the book I really just wanted to see it.

Then I still need to get a few more books - like one of Saints that Yesterday's Classics has (what an awesome company BTW.... and their books are available at Amazon)....

But then - I think my favorite books are the Burgess Animal Books. What a GREAT way to learn about animals.... the other day Alexis and I were listening to the Burgess Book of Animals and we learned about the "evil" brown rat/Norway rat. Alexis was horrified to learn that these are the types of rats we have around here and then angry that some people brought these things over on ships :)

So off to learn more....... and wallow in some books......

date Sunday, May 10, 2009

0 comments to “Book Addict”